Win a trip to SXSW Sydney 2023!
SXSW Sydney 2023 is offering one (1) lucky Winner (and their guest) (“Winner”) a trip for two (2) people to SXSW Sydney 2023, held in Sydney Australia, on 15 – 22 October 2023 (inclusive) (“Sweepstakes”).
- The Winner will receive as the Prize:
- Two (2) platinum badges (for one (1) Winner and one (1) guest) for primary access to all conference and festival events at SXSW Sydney 2023;
- Two (2) x Premium Economy return flights from Los Angeles International Airport (departing approximately on 13 October 2023 and arriving back at Los Angeles International Airport on approximately 23 October 2023) to Sydney International Airport (arriving in Sydney on 14 October 2023 and departing Sydney on 22 October 2023). SXSW Sydney, in its absolute discretion, and if requested by the Winner, may change Los Angeles International departure airport to another major city international airport in USA or the world, so long as such cost attributed to the flight does not exceed the total cost attributed to two (2) return flights from Los Angeles to Sydney (USD$10,900 total for two (2) people). You acknowledge that travel dates are subject to change due to availability of the airline carrier and, if agreed by SXSW Sydney, the location of the major city international airport.
- Eight (8) nights’ accommodation in a minimum of 4 stars hotel in Sydney’s central business district (CBD); and
- Ground transfers from Sydney International Airport to hotel and hotel to Sydney International Airport.
- All other costs associated with the trip will be borne by the Winner. Further details are provided below in the Official Rules.
- Full itinerary details including any applicable terms and conditions will be provided to the Winner via email.
- Prize Value: approximate retail value of Prize is up to USD$16,000.00. If the actual value of the Prize be less than the stated approximate retail value for any reason, Winner will not receive the difference in cash or otherwise.
- No purchase required.
- This Sweepstakes is open to all persons over the age of 25 who are eligible and hold a passport (valid until at least 23 April 2024), to travel to Sydney, Australia to attend SXSW Sydney 2023 on 15 – 22 October 2023.
- Sweepstakes Period: Sweepstakes begins at 10am Central Standard Time (“CST”) on 01 March 2023 and ends at 11:59pm CST on 31 March 2023.
- How to Enter: There is one (1) way to enter this Sweepstakes.
- Entry Method – Website (Accessed by Scanning QR Code® on SXSW pedicabs): During the Sweepstakes Period, look for the QR Code® on SXSW pedicabs travelling around the SXSW district in Austin, Texas or at the SXSW Sydney exhibition stand in the SXSW Creative industries EXPO at SXSW from 12 – 14 March 2023.
- Entry Restrictions: Limit one (1) entry per person, per day (12:00:01 a.m. CST until 11:59:59 p.m. CST) during the Sweepstakes Period. Violation of this entry limit will result in only the initial entry being accepted. Automated entries are prohibited, and any use of such automated devices will cause disqualification. SXSW Sydney reserves the right to void all entries (and disqualify any entrant from the Sweepstakes altogether, as well as to prohibit such entrant from participating in future promotions offered by SXSW Sydney) if SXSW Sydney determines in its sole discretion that a given person has engaged in egregious, blatant or repeated violations of the entry limit. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same or proof of entry. All entries become the sole property of SXSW Sydney. SXSW Sydney assumes no responsibility for illegible, lost, late, damaged, incomplete, or lost entries due to data or computer glitches or other programming/technological/electronic error, malfunction or failure of any kind, regardless of cause; and all such entries are void.
- Data rates may apply to entries submitted via mobile device.
- Winner will be determined in a random drawing on or about 6 April 2023 by SXSW Sydney whose decisions will be final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Odds of winning will be determined by the total number of eligible entries received. Winner will be notified by e-mail on or about 7 April 2023 and be published on the SXSW Sydney website (https://sxswsydney.com/). If required, the Winner (and their guest) will sign an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (where lawful) within ten (10) business daysof notification or the Prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to another Winner at SXSW Sydney’s sole discretion. In the event of noncompliance with this requirement or if a potential Winner cannot be contacted for any reason, said Prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate Winner may be selected.
- Winner is responsible for all other costs and expenses associated with the Prize that are not stipulated as part of the Prize in these Official Rules. These other costs include but are not limited to all meals, beverages, additional ground transfers (other than those specified as part of the Prize), visas, per diems, travel insurance, international bank charges, merchandise, souvenirs etc.
- Winner must be eligible to and able to travel to Los Angeles International Airport (or another major city international airport as agreed by SXSW Sydney in its absolute discretion) and Sydney, Australia. SXSW Sydney will not be responsible for any travel arrangements or costs associated with the Winner travelling to Los Angeles (or another major city international airport) prior to departure to Sydney or from Los Angeles (or another major city international airport) upon return or provide any compensation for any missed or cancelled flights. The Winner will be responsible for rescheduling their flight and covering any costs associated with such rescheduling.
- If the Winner cannot attend SXSW Sydney 2023 for any reason, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety without compensation and an alternate Winner may be selected at SXSW Sydney’s sole discretion (time permitting). No other Prize will be awarded.
- SXSW Sydney will contact the Winner by email. If SXSW Sydney does not receive a response within 48 hours of trying to contact the Winner, the second placed winner will be contacted (via email). This process will continue until a Winner is confirmed and contacted.
- Winner understands that SXSW is not a sponsor or co-promoter of this Sweepstakes.
- Employees, officers and directors of the following entities and members of their immediate families (defined as parent, child, sibling, spouse) or same households (whether related or not) are NOT eligible to enter the Sweepstakes or win a Prize: SXSW Sydney Pty Ltd (“SXSW Sydney”), SXSW, LLC (“SXSW”), and (as applicable) their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, Prize suppliers, advertising and promotion agencies. By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of SXSW Sydney which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- The Winner (including its guest) must abide by all venue and SXSW Sydney policies and must agree to SXSW Sydney 2023 Participant and Credential Terms [https://sxswsydney.com/participation-credential-terms/] and SXSW Sydney Code of Conduct [https://sxswsydney.com/codeofconduct/]. SXSW Sydney, SXSW and any additional entities involved with SXSW Sydney 2023 and the Prize, reserve the right to not award any Prize to, or to revoke full or partial Prize from the Winner who SXSW Sydney or venue personnel deem may, in their sole discretion, be intoxicated, be a safety risk, have violated any venue policy or law, and/or may bring SXSW Sydney, SXSW, the owners and operators of the venue and any additional entities involved with SXSW Sydney, into disrepute, and under such circumstances, SXSW Sydney, SXSW, the owners and operators of the venue and any additional entities involved with SXSW Sydney 2023, will NOT have any liability or obligation to Winner (and/or their guest) of any kind.
- Winner acknowledges that elements of the Prize are subject to availability. SXSW Sydney reserves the right to substitute alternative prizes for all or any part of the Prize at its absolute discretion.
- The Prize cannot be exchanged for cash and is non-transferable. The resale of SXSW Sydney 2023 platinum badges is prohibited.
- COVID-19 WARNING: Winner and their guest, each understand and agree that:
- travel is inherently dangerous and exists in places where people gather due to the COVID-19/Coronavirus epidemic/pandemic and it is possible that the Winner and their guest may contract COVID-19/Coronavirus by travelling to and attending SXSW Sydney 2023, even if they are fully vaccinated (including booster);
- in response to economic and social conditions engendered by COVID-19/Coronavirus, SXSW Sydney may be compelled to modify, postpone or even cancel outright the Prize or any elements thereof, perhaps with little (if any) advanced notice and SXSW Sydney will have no liability whatsoever to the Winner (and their guest); and
- SXSW Sydney has not obtained any insurance for the Winner and their guest with respect to the risks of contracting COVID-19/Coronavirus in conjunction with any Prize related travel or any elements thereof; and
- The Winner and their guest each also agree to fully comply with all applicable government mandates and policies so as to protect against the spread of COVID-19/Coronavirus. Without limitation, the Winner and their guest expressly acknowledge that admission to SXSW Sydney 2023 may be conditioned upon provision of proof of vaccination (vaccination card, a photocopy of vaccination card or an electronic picture of vaccination card on one’s mobile phone) OR proof of a negative COVID-19/Coronavirus test which was taken within 24 hours of day of attendance.If the Winner or their guest refuse to comply with such mandates/policies or if the Winner or their guest cannot satisfy applicable conditions, they will be denied admission to the venue/SXSW Sydney 2023 with SXSW Sydney, SXSW and owners and operators of the venue and any additional entities involved with SXSW Sydney 2024 not having any liability under any legal theory to the Winner and/or Winners guest (as applicable).
- Taxes (if applicable) on the Prize is the Winner’s sole responsibility.
- Upon receipt of the Prize, Winner is required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local law, and these Official Rules.
- SXSW Sydney makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning the Prize (or any part of it) furnished in connection with the Sweepstakes. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, THE PRIZE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND SXSW SYDNEY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND/OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. THE ONLY WARRANTIES ON ANY PRIZE ARE THOSE OF THE PRIZE SUPPLIER.
- By participating, entrant indemnifies, releases and agrees to hold harmless (a) SXSW Sydney, SXSW and (as applicable) their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, Prize suppliers, and advertising and promotion agencies; and (b) the directors, officers, agents, representatives, shareholders, employees, successors and assigns of any of the above organizations; from any and all liability arising from participating in the Sweepstakes, any Sweepstakes-related activity and/or the acceptance, receipt, possession or use/misuse of the Prize (as applicable). Without limiting the foregoing, SXSW Sydney and SXSW make no representations, warranties or guarantee of any kind regarding Prize or any part thereof; this includes but is not limited to the warranty of merchantability or fitness for intended purpose. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of the Prize constitutes the Winner’s agreement to the use of their name, address (city, state), likeness, voice, photograph or other indicia of persona and/or statements regarding SXSW Sydney or the Sweepstakes for advertising, publicity and trade purposes by SXSW Sydney, SWSW, and its designees, without further compensation or any notice or approval of any kind.
- Online/Website Entry Conditions: In the event of a dispute, entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address provided on the entry form. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned to the e-mail address by an internet access provider, online service, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. SXSW Sydney and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible, misdirected, incomplete entries, or for entries not received due to lost, failed, delayed or interrupted connections or miscommunications, or to other electronic malfunctions, delays, or errors of any kind in the transmission or receipt of entries; or for defect of any kind which prevents a person from properly accessing the Sweepstakes online/website (including the QR Code® being misprinted, damaged, defective, irregular or otherwise non-functional). SXSW Sydney is not responsible for incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by online/website visitors or by any human or technological error that may occur in the processing of entries in this Sweepstakes. SXSW Sydney reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend all or a portion of the Sweepstakes, should viruses, bugs or other causes beyond control of the SXSW Sydney corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes.
- ANY ATTEMPT BY A PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SXSW SYDNEY RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY SUCH PERSON FROM THIS SWEEPSTAKES (IF APPLICABLE), PROHIBIT SUCH PERSON FROM PARTICIPATING IN FUTURE PROMOTIONS OFFERED BY SXSW SYDNEY, AS WELL AS TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Improper Conduct: SXSW Sydney, in its sole discretion, may disqualify any entrant from participation in or use of any or all portions of this Sweepstakes, and refuse to award a Prize if any entrant engages in any conduct SXSW Sydney deems to be improper, unfair, otherwise adverse to the operation of the Sweepstakes or detrimental to other entrants of the Sweepstakes. Such improper conduct includes, without limitation, falsifying personal information required during entry or a Prize claim, violating any term or condition stated here, accumulating entries through methods such as automated computer scripts or any other programming techniques, allowing others to use an entrant’s personal information for the purpose of accumulating entries, or intentionally trying to defraud, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise tamper with the computer programs/technology in connection with this Sweepstakes. Entrants agree that SXSW Sydney may void the Prize as a result of such improper conduct. Entrants further acknowledges that any forfeiture of the Prize shall in no way prevent SXSW Sydney from pursuing other avenues of recourse such as criminal or civil proceedings in connection with such conduct.
- SXSW Sydney’s Rights: SXSW Sydney reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, abbreviate, or suspend this Sweepstakes should it be compromised by computer virus, program bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the SXSW Sydney, including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state or local government law, order or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, without any compensation or liability to any entrant. SXSW Sydney is not responsible for any typographical, technical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the promotion or in the announcement of the prizes. If the Sweepstakes is modified, terminated or suspended, SXSW Sydney will select the Winner (if determined to be feasible in its sole discretion) from all eligible, non-suspect entries received (if any) in a manner determined by the SXSW Sydney in its sole discretion to be fair, appropriate, and consistent with these Official Rules. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances, and, if not feasible, SXSW Sydney shall not have any liability of any kind. Only the type and quantity of Prize described in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes.
- In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Sweepstakes materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
- SXSW Sydney assumes no responsibility for any damage to an entrants or any other persons mobile device or computer which is occasioned by participating in the Sweepstakes or for any computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures, delayed computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, SXSW Sydney is not responsible for lost, interrupted, inaccessible or unavailable networks, servers, satellites, Internet service providers, or other connections; or for miscommunications, failed, jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected computer, telephone or cable transmissions; or for any technical malfunctions, failures, difficulties or other errors of any kind or nature; or for the incorrect or inaccurate capture of information, or the failure to capture any information. The preceding expressly includes but is not limited to any communications sent by or sent to SXSW Sydney (including attempted use of the QR Code®) which is not properly and timely received and accessible by SXSW Sydney or its agencies for any reason. SXSW Sydney has the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is found to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or to be acting in an unsportsman-like or disruptive manner, or with the intent to disrupt or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes, or to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, and SXSW Sydney reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the State New South Wales. To the fullest extent permitted by law, as a condition of participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree (a) that any and all disputes regarding the Sweepstakes which cannot be resolved between the parties shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a federal or state court located in New South Wales; (b) to the personal jurisdiction of such courts and to waive any right of inconvenient forum, change of venue or any like right; (c) that any claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred in entering the Sweepstakes (if any), but in no event attorney’s fees, with all other forms of remedy – including but not limited to punitive, incidental, or consequential damages and injunctive relief – being expressly waived.
- In the event of any dispute, the decision of SXSW Sydney will be final.
- For more information or any queries, contact:
Address: Level 3, 175 Liverpool Street, Sydney NSW 2000 Australia
Phone: (+61) 02 9266 4000
All Registered Trademarks, used under license by SXSW LLC.